Little is known about the long-term implications of Wi-Fi, cell phones, and other electronic and electrical devices. With our world revolving around these gadgets, how do we use these devices wisely?
One way is to pay attention to EMF exposure at night. It makes sense to allow time for the body to rest from the constant assault of wireless technology during the day. According to this article by natural health advocate Dr. Joseph Mercola, there are five ways to create a sleep sanctuary:
- Use battery clocks near bed. Research has shown that exposure to high magnetic fields while sleeping can cause severe long-term illness. Many electric clocks produce high magnetic fields.
- Turn off bedroom circuit breakers. A restful sleep is necessary for health and a strong immune system. Electric fields affect the bio-communication system, keeping you from sleeping soundly.
- Eliminate or shield from RF. Radio frequency (RF) signals from portable phones, cell phones, and wireless devices have been shown to interfere with the body's immune system.
- Use beds without metal. Metal frames and metal box springs can amplify and distort the earth's natural magnetic field, which can lead to a non-restful sleep. Use natural materials.
- Make sure there are no elevated magnetic fields. Magnetic fields from appliances and building wiring can penetrate walls into a bedroom and disrupt the body's communication system.
A simple gauss meter may be purchased to check for elevated magnetic fields. There are also several smart phone/Android apps available for free, including Micro Lab's EMP Detector. Use the meter or app to check the walls in your home, paying careful attention to the ones near beds.
In the following video, Andrea demonstrates the use of a gauss meter
and shows how simple it is to protect yourself.