Our family of five started getting sick in 2008. We finally discovered toxic mold in 2012. The entire back end of our house had to be remediated. But I didn't figure out that the illnesses and mold went hand in hand until the end of 2013.
Our children suffered the most from food allergies and chemical sensitivities, with our youngest needing a gastronomy tube as he had given up eating. Everything made him ill.
After starting cholestryamine in the kids, there has been much improvement. The chemical sensitivities are much better and we have added some foods back in. We must, however, continue to live "green and clean." We cannot have any food additives and I don't allow chemicals of any kind in our home.
We still have much to recover of our health (and finances!), but for now, avoidance of toxic substances is key.