Natural Year Challenge: Food Edition
Are you interested in eating healthier foods? Wondering how to sprout, ferment, or dehydrate? Overwhelmed with the thought of getting your family on board? Daunted by the idea of cooking from scratch?
Join us for our Natural Year Challenge: 10 Steps to a Healthy, Natural, and Flavorful Diet!
In just 10 months you could find yourself on your way to a lifestyle you never dreamed possible.
Here is an overview of our 10 steps. Remember, you're allowed one full month for each step. If you need a month to catch up, no problem! Feel free to follow along at your own pace.
- Explore Your Sources. We'll give you ideas for both online and local food sources. Chances are there is a local supplier near you!
- Make a Meat Stock. Extremely sustaining to the body and fights everything from cancer to arthritis, if quality meats are used. We'll also talk about cooking meats in general, and the healthiest ways to prepare them.
- Use Healthy Oils and Fats. Confused about the conflicting information on this subject? You'll learn how to choose these products with confidence. A Lego demonstration explaining the different options is included!
- Learn Your Greens. Which are the best? How should I eat them? Ideas for juicing, steaming, stir-frying, and more.
- Make a Dairy Ferment. Time for a challenge, but you can do it—and your body will thank you for it! (Coconut milk can be used as a substitute for dairy.)
- Make Whey. Once we have made yogurt and kefir, we'll explore the benefits of homemade whey and learn the simple process of extracting it from our fermented dairy products. We'll learn why lactose-intolerant individuals often can tolerate homemade fermented dairy products.
- Make a Vegetable Ferment. Not as hard as you'd think, and extremely beneficial to digestion!
- Soak and Sprout. You choose! You can sprout almonds, buckwheat, or sunflower seeds. Learn why sprouting/soaking/fermenting your grains, legumes, nuts, and seeds gives a boost to your health.
- Make a Healthy Snack. Choose one of the following to try and enjoy on the go:
- Kale Chips
- Fruit Leather
- Dried Fruit
- Energy Bar
- Make a Cultured Condiment. Adding healthy probiotic food to every meal can be as simple as including a lacto-fermented condiment. We'll look at homemade ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise!
Use the Natural Year Challenge menu at left (or click on the titles above) to follow the steps to a more healthy, natural diet!