Our family of six lost our home to toxic mold. While in the home, we lost a baby to miscarriage and had a two-year-old with asthma who was in and out of the hospital every two weeks. Other symptoms included brain fog, yeast infections, and frequent colds.
We tested our home and found four different toxic molds. The sewer was backing up and flooding. We were unaware of the mold and bacteria growing.
We fled our home like it was on fire. We took nothing with us. With the support of family and friends, we began recovery. In the spring we went to a mold specialist and began detox. We have been detoxing, avoiding, and recovering for four years and are getting better daily. We hope to continue helping others learn from our experience and supporting them as they detox.