My son went from normal kid to disabled kid in about six weeks. Starting when he was 11 and for about nine months, he was having trouble walking, playing, eating, drinking, and sleeping. He was in terrible pain and couldn't go to school.
Our whole family was sick. Finally I read the book Surviving Mold. An ERMI test on the house came back high in toxic molds.
We left our home. We took a few clothes to the laundromat and washed them with 1-2 cups of ammonia. We lived between motels and tents for 10.5 months. My son started improving within four days. We knew we could not go back to that house until it was fixed.
We threw out most of our belongings and put the rest in storage. We remediated the house and we retest often to make sure that we don't ever get that sick again.
Read more of Heather's story at her blog, A Good Health Advocate.